Friday 10 June 2011

Birds of Noosa- the feathered kind

Living in the Tewantin/Noosa area, many consider us lucky to be amid a huge array of wild birds. I mean, you even see real estates advertising places as 'a bird watchers dream' and a 'bird haven' as a selling/renting point. I wonder how long these avid bird watchers enjoy being woken by screeching cockatoos and lorrikeets at any time from 1 in the morning onwards. Or trying to get young ones (or even themselves!!) down for an afternoon nap only to hear the crows cawing all afternoon. But I guess if you can put up with that (I love my sleep a LOT though...) then we really are quite lucky to have so many species of birds right at our doorstep! I've already posted quite a few photos of  Percy the Pelican, and there are a few other bird photos scattered throughout my blog. But today's Daily Dose are a few of the leftovers that haven't made it through yet!
Theres also a whole album dedicated to birds on my Flickr Page in HD!










3 comments:

  1. its a great spot there Bernie, Catherine and I have coffee and lunch there sometimes cause its away from all the crowds. Have you seen what theyve done to lionels old house over the road from there, they have lifted it up 1.5metres. I was scared they where taking it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, trust you Mick to be noticing the houses across the road!! ;)We love it there too for the same reasons- not a lot of people!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bernie,
    you better get those great shots of wildlife posted in project noah..
    you can read my blog about it so that you'll have an overview about what the fuss is about hehe

    http://cherrey.110mb.com/index.php/project-noah-re-living-a-childhood-hobby/

    do tell me if u decide to join so that I could follow you there and get updated with your wildlife sightings :-)

    ReplyDelete